How to Apply
- Please provide a cover letter and send resumes to email@example.com.
- Include the job title in your subject line.
- No phone calls please.
• General Manager, Museum Support Company (Click for Details)
Position Reports to: Chief of Staff /CFO
Primary Purpose of Position:
- The General Manager should understand and comprehend the overall strategic plan for the Foundation.
- The General Manager sets specific goals for the Giant Screen Theatre, Visitor Attractions, FlightDeck Gift Shop, Museum Direct Support and the Cubi Bar Café that are aligned with the overall plan.
- The General Manager will be responsible for the communication of Foundation goals to their support staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The General Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and performance of the Foundation’s Giant Screen Theater, Flight Simulators, FlightDeck Gift Shop, Museum Direct Support and Cubi Bar Cafe including, but not limited to government and regulatory compliance, customer service, equipment reliability, business development, purchasing, finance, property management, project planning, project management and P&L (budgets).
- Plans, develops and manages budgets and is responsible for long-range planning, cost saving initiatives, production efficiency initiatives, employee/labor relations, succession planning and overall contract oversight.
- Design and implement new procedures, prepares cost projections, lead maintenance activities and analyses.
- Serves as liaison to ensure quality service is provided and all contractual specifications and standards are met from suppliers.
- Responsible to ensure proper records are maintained for all operational activities of the Museum Support Company.
- Prepares financial and administrative reports; analyzes and interprets financial data and other information.
- Perform in-depth financial analysis and promptly address financial problems
- Supervises, hires, monitors and coordinates work activities of the Museum Support Company Team.
- Plans, develops and recommends new or revised policies and programs to meet the needs of the business.
- Coordinates Foundation funded projects with the Museum, and local NAS Pensacola base administration.
- Prepare comprehensive marketing plans, including regular analysis of the Museum Support’s competition and market potential.
- Ensure that the Museum Support Company is effectively presented to customers and its local market.
- Monitor and work to improve customer and member service levels.
- Efficiently and effectively organize the Museum Support Company’s operations to ensure profitability
- Identify and address operational problems in a timely fashion.
- Plan for the Museum Support Company’s ongoing operational needs, including technology, facilities, and equipment.
- Establish personnel policies and procedures that support the Museum Support Company’s values.
- Ensure adequate training, evaluation, safety, and personnel systems.
- Monitor personnel key indicators and plan for improvement as needed.
- Provide leadership for the Foundation through good communications, good business relationships, and good public relations.
- Efficient management of operational functions, overseeing sales and profitability of assigned departments.
- Actively maintain a team approach to day-to-day management.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication and customer service skill.
- Ability to drive sales in a customer service focused environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred military experience and knowledgeable of how a military base functions.
- Retail management experience
- Project (construction) management experience.
Engages, greets and informs the public about paid museum attractions (Giant Screen Theater, Motion Based Simulator, MAXFLIGHT Simulators, Blue Angels 4D Theater and Dog tags) Operates computer-based ADVANTAGE Point of Sales system and handles cash correctly. Ushers guests in and out of Giant Screen Theater.Gives important verbal safety speeches and instructions to public. Serves prepared food and drink to guests at theater lobby refreshments counter. Operates all Simulators when necessary. Starts and stops attractions/shows. Cross-trained for all Attractions.
Outdoor Food & Beverage Concessions Sales
These seasonal, part-time positions support the Naval Aviation Museum Foundation light concessions sales (pre-packaged snacks, bottled water, sport drinks) to the general public during high-volume visitation days when U.S. Navy Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Team has scheduled practices. Read More
Parking Lot Traffic Control Personnel
These seasonal, part-time positions support the National Naval Aviation Museum with parking and traffic control during high-volume visitation days when U.S. Navy Blue Angels Flight Demonstration Team has scheduled practices. Read More
Seasonal Positions Available at the National Flight Academy
- Please provide a cover letter and send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include the job title in your subject line.
- No phone calls please.
NFA Residential Staff
Description: The National Flight Academy (NFA) is seeking individuals to serve in the capacity of ‘In-Residence Chief’ at an aviation-based STEM camp! The position requires role play as a “Chief” aboard the simulated aircraft carrier at the NFA on Naval Air Station Pensacola. Chiefs will serve as mentors and counselors to NFA program attendees while living onboard the facility. The position is responsible for supervising groups (squadrons) of 12 youth attendees on average and other duties as assigned. Read More
‘AM Chief’, ‘PM Chief’, ‘Weekend Chief’, ‘Night Chief’
Description: The National Flight Academy (NFA) is seeking college students to serve in the capacity of ‘camp counselor’ at an aviation based STEM camp! The position requires role play as a U.S. Navy Chief aboard the simulated aircraft carrier at the NFA on Naval Air Station Pensacola. Chiefs will serve as mentors and counselors to NFA program attendees. The position is responsible for supervising groups (squadrons) of 12 youth attendees on average and other duties as assigned. Read More
Hangar Bay Chief
Description:The Hangar Bay Chief be responsible for low-level troubleshooting of hardware and software problems in the Hangar Bay, joining multiplayer sessions, and assisting students with in program objectives. Any problems suspected to be beyond the Hangar Bay Chief or outside of their expertise will be reported to the Hangar Bay Technician on duty. Read More
Facilitator 1, Intelligence Officer (IO), JIC Instructor
Description: Facilitators will serve as a lead instructor in a classroom setting for the National Flight Academy (NFA). This position will require roleplay as a US Naval Intelligence Officer (IO) in the Joint Intelligence Center (JIC). The IO will be responsible for the presentation of the classroom portion of each mission to include mission and flight planning and other duties as assigned. The IO will work with an average of 36 students in 3 rotations of 12 students several times a day. The IO will give a brief lecture on the topic of the mission and bound a specific problem or mission for the students to solve or plan for. The remainder of each rotation will be utilized to assist the students in completing the assigned tasks at the group and individual level.
Facilitator 2, Operations Officer (OpsO), JOC Instructor
Description: JOC Facilitators will serve as the Operations Officer in simulated mission settings for the National Flight Academy (NFA). This position will require roleplay as a US Naval Operations Officer (OpsO) in the Joint Operations Center (JOC). The OpsO will be responsible for preflight briefs, overseeing each simulated mission in real time, and other duties as assigned. The OpsO will work with an average of 36 students in 3 rotations of 12 students several times a day. Each mission will be precluded by a mission briefing and then monitored via radar control in the JOC. The OpsO will facilitate each mission, from briefing and aircraft assignment through the end of the assigned mission time. OpsO will be responsible for assisting the students with communications protocol and inflight navigation along with completing assigned mission objectives.